Different Ways I Say "I Love You"

 


    This post is another "get to know me" kind of post. I really enjoy being real and showing you a bit of myself. To put forward the true image of myself. So here we go!

    I am known in my family as the least affection displaying individual in my family. Why? I don't up and just say "I love you" often, I don't hug, and I just don't put my feelings out there. I, the only daughter of my parents children, am the least likely to make any feelings of love more obvious. It is not that I don't love (I really do I promise 😜), but my love language is just hard to learn because it just tends to be quieter.

    The Five Love Languages

    There are five well known love languages. Receiving Gifts, Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, and Acts of Service. Each of them are important in their own ways, but different people prioritize (or as I like to say, "treasure") each of them at different levels. Some love getting that little token of affection like the bouquet of flowers or a gift card best. Maybe someone enjoys hugs or kisses on cheeks better. Is sending them a sweet note card with kind words best? Perhaps they might love having coffee with you and having your undivided attention. Maybe they would love someone helping out with a project they are working on most. 

    Some people have a different love language they carry out from what they love to receive. My love language is quality time followed closely by acts of service. Physical touch way down at the bottom. Like the bottom 6.5%. So really, the best way to get to know me is to maybe avoid the whole cuddle on the couch/braid each other's hair thing and just "give me your undivided attention" as the quiz I took said. 😂

    Anyway, enough talk about that, it is time for the ways I express my affection. It isn't usually through grand action or the sweetest embraces, but little thoughtful acts. 

    Handmade Gifts

    I love to make things. From tray upon tray of cookie and baked good, to the hand sewn plushies. Many of my family and friends have received something I have made with my own two hands. Much thought goes into these gifts as well as the occasional blood, sweat, and rare tear. There is something so special in my eyes about someone taking the time to make something and actually put thought into what the item is. 



    Take Care of Something

    Up and saying "I love you" doesn't come naturally to me. But seeing something that needs to be done for another and taking care of it? That's more my style. Cleaning out a car, switching a load of laundry, wiping down kitchen counters, and things like that. Really, just easing whatever burden I can while still being able to take care of what I need to also. 



    Little Notes & Messages

    Do not let my blogging fool you, I am not a very eloquent person. I struggle putting thoughts down on a note card or sending any form of message. Especially when I want to write something sweet and heartfelt. Those words do not flow as well as the more fiery wording I tend to use. But when I really want to write a note to someone, I think real hard and try my best. I put effort into what I want to say. Then, hopefully I have some cohesive thoughts on paper that will get my point across. 

    I give myself bonus points if I can find the perfect card. 😉


    Quality Time

    Like I said earlier, Quality Time is my top love language. This past weekend, I was able to spend a ton of time with my best friend. It was the best time and there was so much laughter and joy. 

    Of course, I live a couple hours away from most of my friends. So quality time can be a little hard to get in person. So I find other ways to spend time with them. Texting is one. But you'll know that I really love you if I ask to do a video call. I hate video calls so much. 🤣

     Really, I want to give what I want. I want to be an ear to listen. I want to do things with them. Whether that thing is do something fun and crazy or sit in my room to just listen to a music album. I like to be there and be fully present. 




-fin

        If you want to know more about your love language, I really recommend the quiz I took. You can find it here. This isn't just for people in relationships. There is actually an age range and relationship status thing to select. 🤣 It helped me understand myself a bit more too! 

    Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! You can also follow SBF on Pinterest for some inspo, see what I'm interested in, and repin blog posts! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until Next Time,
KS

-have you ever taken the love languages quiz?
-what is your love language?

Comments