Baking Season

    


     Around this time of year, it is often said in my family's house that it is "baking season." The summer temperatures are beginning to drop and it will not feel like an inferno if one turns on the oven. My busy summer schedule is finally over and I will soon be finding that I actually have the time for baking. This fall is the first full fall that I will have my kitchen in full working order since moving. I am so excited and am also hoping to try out some new recipes. Though Christmas is my busiest time of year when it comes to baking, I still make a ton during the autumn months.

    There is something that I find so special about baking around this time of year. I put on a playlist, open a window, turn on the oven, and get started. Soon enough, the scent of sweet cookies or a spiced treat waft through the home. In my house, the key smell is often cinnamon. I have some tried and true things I bake every year, but it may be time to change it up a little. Like I said, I want to try out some new recipes this year. I want to share some of them with you! 

    I was scrolling around on Pinterest and found some treats that look and sound great! Soon, I found some that I really wanted to try out this year and I had a Pinterest Board made. The Baking Season board. You can bet there might be more added to it, so go ahead and give it a follow! Here are seven things that I want to try and bake this season!

Apple Butter Cookies

    I enjoy apple flavored desserts. I like apple butter. Why not throw both those things into one and make Apple Butter Cookies? I found this recipe and it is something I want to try and make. Besides, I'm going apple picking soon so that means homemade apple butter! The recipe is right here if you want to try it too! 

Ginger Molasses Cookies

    I have never had molasses cookies before, but I have heard that they are good. So this is really something that I just wanna try because I want to taste it. You can find it here if you want to try it yourself! 



Apple Coffee Cake

    Apples are something I love. So is coffee cake. I haven't ever seen them together until I saw this recipe. I know my family would love it too, so this made it on my list pretty quickly. I also love a good brown sugar crumb. Here is the page if you want to bake it. 


White Chocolate Maple Chai Cookies

    I've never really baked anything with chai or maple. Which is a little strange since I love both those flavors. One of the coffee shops in my area has a new maple chai drink I've been wanting to try (but haven't because they have been out of chai 😥), so why not in a cookie too! If you want to try it too, you can find the recipe here



Apple Oatmeal Cookies

    Again, another apple treat. 😂 Apples just bring on that harvest/fall feeling for me when I bake with them. I am really not a fan of oatmeal raisin, so I'm gonna do apples instead. Link to the recipe is right here!



Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies

    I'm that person who when they make a gingerbread house, they do not eat it. Just not too keen on a crunchy cookie. So perhaps I actually like gingerbread but just haven't found the right one for me! Will this one be the right one? 


Maple Chai Snickerdoodles

    Maple, chai, AND cinnamon? I'm all in and I wanna try it so bad. Just some warm spices and sweet tasty deliciousness. I'm pretty excited about this one. If this one seems any good to you, you can find the recipe here




-fin

There you are! Not sure when I'll really get started on all my baking yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. All of my Instagram followers will definitely hear about it though. 😂 Of course, if you wanted to pin all of these in one go, you can head over to the Baking Season Pinterest board. 

Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! You can also follow SBF on Pinterest for some inspo, see what I'm interested in, and repin blog posts! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until Next Time,
KS

- what is a staple autumn treat for you?
- are you planning on doing any baking soon?

Comments