The Best Spontaneous Things I Did This Summer

 


    As you know, I have already done a ton of stuff this summer (and I'm leaving again on Saturday for camp). All of it has been a ton of fun, but most of it was planned months in advance. Something very important to me is making a bunch of spur of the moment decisions to go out and do something. Whether that's going for a drive or going out to an awesome restaurant. Deciding to go for a random swim, or go to the movies. Along the way of all my plans, I did some pretty cool spontaneous things!

Hit The Deck!

     After a week of Joni & Friends, my roommate and I got a last minute invite to dinner with others serving a camp. We ended up changing plans at he last minute and instead of going to Red Robin, ate at one of my new favorite restaurants ever. The Deck. If I had to describe the atmosphere, it would have to be "beach party meets grill." It was so fun. The food was AMAZING and if you ever go, make sure you get the house chips and the house sauce. There were amazing views, great food, and even better conversations. 



Late Night Froyo Run

    Once a long day of celebrating was over and a little bit of bad news, it was decided that a little girls only (my cousin and best friend) late night froyo was needed. On the way into town, we nearly hit two birds, laughed a ton, and missed two or three turns. Once we actually got to Red Mango, we got out orders and sat outside to eat and laugh. It was a really good time. Of course, we were nearby to pick up my younger brother from work, so we did! Not before sitting in the parking lot blaring Taylor Swift. It was pretty amazing. 

Blood Donation

    I had been wanting to donate blood for a pretty long time. In past years at Lifest, I never really found time to do it. But when I found an afternoon where I didn't have a concert that I wanted to go see, I made the last minute decision to go do it and hopped onto the wait list. It was quick, easy, and in my wheel house after all the medical stuff last year. 



Froyo, Fish, and Fun

    Over Fourth of July weekend, my cousin and her little boys were at our place. The boys were bored and I really wanted froyo. The solution was to go get froyo on the way to a lake where fishing happened. There were some great convos, a fish taunted my cousin, and I got my froyo. This little adventure was something done at the last minute and one that will have memories that last a good long time. 

Oops I Bought A Sunflower

    Also over the Fourth of July weekend, I went on a little bit of a detour. My mom, aunt, cousin, and I went on a little ride to go to a little store, and saw a garden store along the way. While walking around the store, I impulsively bought a sunflower as a birthday gift for my best friend. When I was able to give it to her, she screamed. It was great. 



Feeling On Top Of The World

    While my family and I were at Lifest, my brother and I decided to get in line for a Ferris Wheel ride while mid concert. It was so much fun and the view was AMAZING. The last time I was on a wheel was a really long time ago. Like I said a moment ago, I really felt like I was on top of the world.

    

-fin

  These were some of my favorite little things I did this summer. They were super random, and kind of a "hey why not?" kind of thing. Why do I think they are so great? The little moments that happened with other peopple. Simple as that.  I really enjoy little things like this. It is so much fun to go off the itinerary or plan to do something fun and spontaneous. The way I see it, I would rather go off of a perfect plan and go off the plan to go and try something new or just have a little unplanned fun. When I'm railroaded onto a plan, I find myself being less creative and tend to have less fun. So instead, I do random little things to switch it up. It helps me stay on my toes. 

    Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until Next Time,
KS

- do you have any favorite moments or memories of this summer yet?
- when was the last spontaneous thing you did and what was it?


Comments