My Dream Trips - Places I Want To Visit

    


     Throughout my entire life, I've wanted to go on road trips and see new things. Back in October, I kinda started a little "places I want to visit" series. I shared with you 8 Places In The USA I Want To Visit, and this is a sort of continuation of that. The difference being that I am not limiting myself to only list places that are located in the United States. One limit I am placing on this post is that these are more "travel centric" than my previous post. Meaning that the journey is more important than the end destination. 

    This whole pandemic thing has kept me close to home for the most part, so you can bet that my wanderlust has only intensified. Nearly every vaguely travel related Instagram video or Reel has been sent to a friend or gone into my saved. Travel vlogs from The Endless Adventure and Kara and Nate play while I work (I highly recommend  both of these channels). Vague plans of how I want to travel around are thought when I can't sleep. Thoughts of converting a van into a camper (or even just getting a rental) float at a near constant rate in my head. So this post is going to be filled with some of these late night "plans" and little fantasies. Enjoy! 

-Drive Route 66



  The Main Street of America. 2,448 miles of road. Thirty-two hours of travel without stopping. More if you do. Starting in the city of Chicago and ending at the Santa Monica Pier. From my point of view, getting a conversion van and driving across the USA seems so cool. Hitting some of the historical sites along the way, windows down, and the radio turned up. Imagine all the amazing food to be eaten along the way. 🤣 The whole "destination is the goal" thing would not really apply to this trip, which is something I really love. 

-The Pacific Northwest



    There are a few different road trips I've seen done in this area. For example, the Olympic Peninsula Loop, Oregon Coast Loop, just going down the coast, and a few others. I've always been in awe of the beauty of that area. The trees, the misty weather, and of course the water near the coast. There's whale watching, big cities, forests, and great hiking. Some of the places that I would love to check out over there are Mount Hood, Mount Rainer, Voodoo Donuts, stop by the coast, and amazing coffee shops. I think that I would probably just take PCH and just stop pretty much wherever. 

-The Southwest Loop



    I feel like a majority of road trips shown on the big screen or on TV (even commercials) include a clip of people driving over black road through orange landscapes to get to the Grand Canyon. My Instagram saved has more than a few travel videos from all over the Southwest, so the loop makes the most sense to me. See as much as I can in one trip as possible. A few places I would absolutely have to see are The Grand Canyon (obviously), Arches National Park, and Goblin Valley State Park (is it only because of the name? No. Was that a factor? Yes).

- Banff to Vancouver 



    This road trip is probably the shortest possible one on the list due to the drive being only twelve hours. However, I'd probably want to stay at least a couple of days in the scenic parks and linger along the way. When I get to Vancouver, I could not only hang by the ocean, but check out the aquarium! Plus, with a detour, you can hit the Radium Hot Springs for a quick soak. 😍

-San Juan Scenic Highway

    

    Last on my list for now is the San Juan Scenic Highway! The Skyway is a 232 mile scenic loop in the southwest area of Colorado. It winds through the San Juan Mountains and sports all different kinds of views. Alpine forests, pond dotted meadows, and mountains fill the area. Not only are there waterfalls, rivers, and meadows, but there is also an insane amount of wildlife (black bears, elk, big horn sheep and more)! Along the route, there are also stops in Victorian era mining towns to stop and see. A stop I absolutely must see is the Red Mountain Pass. The highest point of the skyway. The pass overlooks a red mound. The remnant of an ancient volcano. 

-fin

    These are just a few of the trips that sit in the back of my mind. This post didn't even include any of my many transcontinental destinations. I might make one of those one day, but I don't think it will be too awfully soon (unless you all really want it 😜). I have a feeling that the more travel videos I watch, there will always be more destinations to my list. So this series will absolutely continue as more time passes. 

 Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories (I may even ask my followers soon for music I should add to my road trip playlist). So go check it out!

Until next time,
KS

-what songs would be on your road trip playlist?
-which of the road trips I mentioned would YOU like to go on?

Comments