8 Places In The USA I Want To Visit



    
At the beginning of September I said that a post about places I want to go might pop up. This is it! I really enjoyed looking through my saved travel videos on Instagram and picking a few places to put in this post. I really started to think about traveling back in early March. I had been going through old photo slides on my projector and loved the places in the photos. It really reignited my wanderlust. I would love to be able to see these places in person and take my own pictures. Here we go!

-Yellowstone National Park

    This one appeals to the more artful and nerdy sides of myself. Even without going into the rich history of Yellowstone National Park, there is so much to be said about it. Even as a little kid, I was absolutely obsessed. There is volcanic, hydrothermal, and seismic activity all year round. The seemingly impossible amount of biodiversity. Just the idea of all that in one place was (and always has been) enthralling to me. The photos and videos I have viewed communicated so much beauty to me. I can only imagine how much more breathtaking it would be in person. 

-New York

    "The City That Never Sleeps." Sounds like the perfect place for this insomniac. I would love to visit the museums and see a show on "The Great White Way." I tend to prefer places without a ton of people, but if I ever get the opportunity to see it, I plan to take it. I will say, a big reason I want to go is a sweet shop I keep seeing in my social media. By the way, if you'd like a good romance movie set in New York, "Kate and Leopold" is a great one.


-Glacier National  Park

    "Get lost in Montana." says Adam Young. I might just take him up on that. Specifically in Glacier National Park. My great uncle often spoke praises of this place whenever he recalled his many travels. We looked at pictures of this fantastical world with wide eyes. A few slides on a slide projector were all I needed to see to find myself enchanted by this place. So I plan to "get lost in the Big Sky Country, where adventure calls your name." 


-Disney World

    This one was an easy one to think of. I live in the Midwest and have never been. For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of going to Disney World (those Disney World commercials in the early 2000s pushed it further). I want to ride Space Mountain, eat a Mickey Mouse shaped donut, and watch street performers on Main Street. I'm a sucker for nostalgia and themed locations. I've been especially obsessed with going to Disney World since discovering the YouTube channel DFB Guide.


-Redwood National Park

    Gargantuan trees brush the skies, three hundred feet over the ground, making all on the surface seem miniscule.  A fog hangs in the boughs of the Redwoods during the summer, making the surroundings seem otherworldly. Hiking through that seems so magical. I think that getting up early to hike there with a thermos of coffee would be wonderful. 


-Lake Tahoe

    Alpine forests and a freshwater lake. The mountains surround the lake on every side, providing the perfect backdrop. Hiking around that lake must be absolutely breathtaking. The pictures I've seen of the south side of the lake's beaches are beautiful. I would love to get a rental place and stay for a week or two. Would be a nice getaway from Chicago.


-Crater Lake National Park

    I never really thought about Crater Lake until I saw a video of it on Instagram. It was practically love at first sight. Located in the PNW (Oregon specifically), Crater Lake is the remnants of what used to be Mount Mazama (a volcano). It is the fifth oldest national park in the U.S. and Oregon's only national park. There are many trails to choose from in many different lengths. I'm not exactly sure what makes me want to go there so much. The blue water, the volcanic history, the views, or the fact that there is a volcanic island on the lake called Wizard Island.  

-fin

    I have to admit, there is a reason why I only picked places located in the United States. I was completely unable to pick from the entire world. I may end up doing some for different areas of the world, but I am not sure yet. I am really glad though, that I have been posting to almost ally my platforms semi consistently. Thank you so much for reading! It would really mean a lot to me if you would like this post and maybe consider following my blog!

Until next time,
KS

-have you been to any of the places on my list?
-where is somewhere in the U.S. YOU want to go?

Comments