My Room So Far

    


    As you know, I recently moved. Meaning, I was able to completely restyle a bedroom to fit me. In October, I began to put my room together. I picked out paint, fixed the holes in my walls, taped the trim, and eventually painted. Which I wrote about here. I realized the other day that I had not posted at all about my new room in a while. So here it is!

    Since the floor in my room is going to be redone, I do not really have a bunch in there. I'm really just waiting on doing a bunch until after the floor gets done. Then, all the things I have planned will actually start getting done. 

    I'll start out by showing you my closet. One of the hinges of my closet door completely snapped in half. So I'm having to wait for a new hinge to come in. I really didn't want to get a new shiny one, because I liked the old antique ones. We ordered them a while ago, but they should be here within the next couple of weeks. 

    There's a nice little blue futon in my room which is perfect for my height. It gets folded into a couch during the day. I just stick my pillows behind the back and fold the blanket which gets draped on the back. It's super comfy, saves lots of space, and I absolutely love that it's blue. 

    Honestly, I've still got a couple of boxes in the corner of my room. I have a curio cabinet (the stuff in the boxes will also go there) that will eventually go there, but I'm waiting until the floors are done to move it in. For now, it's the perfect place to keep my gigantic plush sloth. 

    My dresser (I've had this dresser since I was born and will likely do a repaint soon) was actually one of the first things put into my room. Right now, I keep a small jewelry box in top of my dresser along with a little shelf that holds my lotion, a couple perfumes, and a few other things. You can actually see my violin in between the wall and dresser too. It's an absolutely perfect little nook to keep it. 

   Against a wall, I placed a nice bookshelf to store some of my books, things I use everyday, some art supplies, UBAM giveaway things, some snacks, my new candle (thank you Allie), and a few little decorations. Right now, there are a few different pieces of paper stuck to the shelf as little notes to myself or music help. 

    I've got a little wooden chair in my room too. I don't really sit in it much, but normally it holds a couple jackets, my purse, a little sloth, and my hat. At the moment, it's holding a duffel bag. 

    The newest addition to my room right now though, is a guitar. It's been in Chicago for months, but it's finally here. I've been playing it a lot lately. 

    I don't have anything on my walls but a letterboard and a little mirror. There will be more hanging from the walls soon, but I want to get a few other things done first.

    One of my absolute favorite things in my room though is the lights strung around my window. I also draped a string of little stars on the curtain rod. I love the look so much. 



-fin

    Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until next time,

KS

-how should I paint my dresser if i do?

Comments