New Room, New Paint!

    

    My family moved to Indiana recently and I had a lot of things to work on in my new room. I had to repaint the walls, repaint the trim, spackle the holes and dents, and actually fix a gaping whole around one of my electrical outlets. The little touch ups on the paint were finished and was finally able to peel up the ugly green painter's tape. This post is what I call a "scramble for content." I've been pretty busy and haven't really had a chance to write. So enjoy this little WIP post!

    Now to start off, I am not a person who really enjoys the color pink. Especially when it isn't part of my artist's vision for my room. I have a theme in mind that will be worked on over the next few months. That will definitely take some time and I hope I can actually do the picture in my head justice. Here are a couple before pictures to show off what it used to look like. 





    First, I had to drive to the nearest Menards which is about 45 minutes from my house. Though I hate to admit it, I stood in front of the paint display for 15-20 minutes just trying to pick a color. Eventually, I picked out a gorgeous blue called "Flint Stone." Second, I had wiped down all the walls and then taped all the trim to keep my chosen color off the nice wood. Once that was over, I grabbed a putty knife and some spackle then went around the room to cover up some little holes. That part didn't take long at all. The next part took me a while. In the below picture, you'll see the part that took me longest. 

   
 While taping, I removed an adapter the previous owner had had left behind and groaned. There was no outlet cover and a nice big hole. I pretty much had to make a whole new bit of wall with a bunch of plaster. There were a few days I had to stop because it needed to dry, and there was a gas leak in the house that made us need to stay elsewhere. Eventually though, I was able to fill the hole sand it smooth. Still needing to get an outlet cover. 

    Finally, I was able to start painting. One can't really go into do much detail about that. I went around the trim with a brush, and the broader areas with a roller.


     After the first coat dried overnight, I went over a few spots that needed it and finished up. I was DONE. The painter's tape was pulled up, I put my one piece of furniture (everything else is in storage) in place, and I was actually done painting my room. 

    


       This is pretty much all the progress I have made so far. I'll be moving more furniture in soon along with some decorations to make the space more "me." Once that is done, there might end up being a little update post. There is still a ton of work to do, but it may take a good long while. 


    Thank you SO much for reading! 

Until next time,
KS

-leave me a decorating tip!
-what color would you paint your room?

Comments