A Perfect Winter's Day

 I'm going to start this off with saying that I am NOT a fan of winter. Especially in the Midwest. I was born in the summer and I thrive in the summer warmth. In the middle of January, I am absolutely missing the heat of July and August. But I live in Indiana, so I'm going to have to wait on such temperatures for a few months still. While I wait for that, I'm going to dream a bit about my "Perfect Winter's Day." 

First up, I think if it's going to be cold, there needs to be some snow on the ground. I want to be able to build a snowman, have a giant snowball war (not a fight but a war with multiple battles), and perhaps even a couple of snow forts. I have an amazing amount of space for snow to accumulate and am really hoping to at least one giant snowstorm. The snow would also provide the perfect photoshoot space. I've been planning to do a shoot with a friend (you know who you are) for a bit but the snow melted before we had a chance. Also, I really want to see everything covered in snow again. Obviously, I'd want to have my brothers and friends there. That is really what would make just about anything great. 



    Of course after fighting (and winning) in the Great Snow War, I'll be tending to my wounded and cold comrades (and of course the others who were on the other end of my cannon of an arm). Hot chocolate, cookies, and maybe some soup will be consumed from underneath blankets and we'll watch a movie. It'll be a great day. 


    Once everyone is warm, perhaps a board game will be played. Some games I'm particularly fond of are Pandemic (too soon? 😜), Forbidden Island, Clue (a true classic if you ask me), Mafia, and perhaps Play Nine. Two of these are cooperative so my more competitive side stays suppressed. 😂 The others on the other hand can bring out my most competitive side (but not nearly as competitive as when I am playing a racing video game 😉). Though if someone really wanted to see that side, I'd play a few rounds of racing. 




    Of course, what kind of day would it be if I didn't end it singing or laughing around the fire with some friends? Belting the lyrics, dancing around like crazy people, and overall laughing so hard that there are tears streaming down (and probably freezing to) our faces. That I think would be the perfect end to a perfect winter's day for me. Maybe we'll all stare up at the stars in wonder. Maybe we'll have some deep philosophic conversations. Knowing my friends and I though, we'll probably say all sorts of ridiculous things and just let loose. 

-fin

    That is my Perfect Winter's Day. It's pretty simple, but I believe that simple days are sometimes the best kind. Fellowshipping with some of my closest, playing games, laughing, and just being ourselves. That is (in my opinion) what makes a perfect day. 

Until next time,

KS

-what is something your "perfect winter's day" would include? 

Comments