What The Day Before Christmas Eve Looks Like For ME

Christmas. The sights, the smells, and the sounds of Christmas can vary from house to house. Since it's the day before Christmas Eve (Or as my brother calls it Christmas Adam, "Because Adam came before Eve"), I thought I'd give you a tiny peek into what it looks like in the Simeon home.

First of all, we've been baking since the middle of last week. Today is the last day of baking and Kolachky cookies are taking over. I will probably post the recipe eventually. Let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in that! It's a cream cheese dough with a jam.

There are a bunch of containers of different kinds of cookies on the table. Cream-filled Sandwich Cookies, Sugar Cookies, Thumbprint Kiss Cookies, and Kolachky Cookies. 


Along with the scent of cookies, is the smell of fresh cut flowers and pine from the Christmas bouquet that my mom bought. And yes, I AM aware that my younger brother is in the picture.


Also on the table are stray sprinkles (strays from the sugar cookies) and tiny pieces of the bouquet.

I have just finished the last minute wrapping, so there is also a basket of presents nearby.

In the kitchen, is a simmering pot of my great-grandmother's spaghetti sauce and it smells absolutely heavenly. We have it every Christmas Eve.



Spotify has been playing non-stop since around 11am, playing my Christmas 2019 playlist (things that I liked that came out in 2019), Spotify- Christian Christmas, and Christmas albums by Danny Gokey, for King & country, Phil Wickham, and many others. So it definitely sounds like Christmas.

In between batches of cookies, I've been writing blog posts and cleaning as I go.  

Thanks so much for reading! Merry Christmas everyone!

  • What does your house smell like right now? 
  • What kind of things does your family cook for Christmas every year?
  • What's on your Christmas playlist this year?

Comments

  1. We have been cooking all morning today, and have baked for long amounts of time this week. It's been crazy! We cooked at my grandmothers house so my house doesn't smell like anything hahaha. We are lebanese so we cook things like fatoosh, kibby, meat pies, etc. We also have normal things like chicken, orange salad, etc. I have just about everything on my playlist this year, but a few of my favorites are Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney, Underneath the tree by Kelly Clarkson, and Have yourself a merry little Christmas by Sam Smith.

    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment