Wrapping Strangely Shaped Items

I've had to wrap a few REALLY weirdly shaped items in my life. Most of the time, I'll just sick it in a bag with some tissue paper, but sometimes I just don't have the right sized bag.  A few years ago, I learned a pretty neat trick. All I need is some wrapping paper and tape (I'll occasionally throw some ribbon in the mix, like I do today). 



 This year it happened to be wooden spoons. I burned designs into them for a post that comes out soon! First thing is to pick your paper and cut it to the appropriate size for your item.


Make sure that when you get to the folding step, that you will be able to fit the item inside.

Fold the sides into the middle then tape them together! Use enough tape too!

At the bottom, take some paper and fold it up. This will end up being the bottom of your "bag".


Open up the bottom flap and fold the sides toward the middle. This will create a diamond shape.


Take the bottom and top parts of the diamond and  fold them into the center so they overlap.
 
Then of course, tape it!


                 Then I think comes the most obvious part! Sticking the item into the bag!!

 Then just fold the top a few times,

punch a couple holes,


Cut some ribbon,


tie a bow, and its finished!!


I might just prefer doing this instead of using a bag.
  • What do you think?
  • Is it just extra work?
  • Do you bag or wrap your gifts?
Thanks so much for reading! Have a Merry Christmas!

Comments