Christmas Lights!

After all the frenzied activity during Christmastime, things tend to seem slow or even boring. I definitely have a tendency to not do a lot after Christmas unless I was working a shift at the zoo. It's nice to get out of the house, but it can be hard to find a reason to do so. That's why this year, my family and I made plans to go for a ride and look at people's decorations. While we were out and about, we (by that I mean me) took pictures, ate Christmas sweets and popcorn, and laughed a lot.

I really love Christmas lights. To be honest, I might even be a bit obsessed. I have two different sets strung up in my room, AND one of my favorite things to do around the holidays is to work during Holiday Magic at Brookfield Zoo where there are a TON of lights! I might even be qualified to judge light displays at this point.


This one was our first stop that still had their lights on (c'mon people, its only December 26th. It's still Christmas). It was super cute and the lights danced to music. It was one of the simpler displays we saw last night.

 This was one of the less crazy, more elegant displays. I especially liked the purple tree on the left side of the picture.
 This was a house that required me to get out of the van and take some more up close and personal pictures. They even had things on display in their windows! I REALLY loved that one. Little side note, if you know me, you know I hate wearing shoes. Yes, I live in the Midwest. Yes, it gets cold.
No, I won't wear shoes. So yes, I was looking at these displays without shoes. There were a few kids whispering to their mothers about my bare feet.

In one window, they had many of these lit up figures. From Elmo to Olaf, and Yukon Cornelius to Baby Shark.
 This may have been my favorite display. They had three levels of models, building a whole town. Complete with a tavern, Ferris Wheel, train, AND hot air balloons.

 This one was simple and sweet. My mom really liked it.

This one was CRAZY. They had a giant inflatable parrot, a giant inflatable snowman, a light tunnel, and THOUSANDS of lights that moved to music.

My brothers enjoyed this part. It's just a bunch of water storage units with red and green lights.

I have one thing to say about this picture, and its that I wasn't wearing any shoes.

And that's it! Thank you SO much for reading! Stay warm! 

  •  Have you started taking your decorations yet?
  • Do you have any "Post-Christmas Traditions"?

Comments

  1. oh my goodness, in my town, we have a house that has the little houses and train.. That's crazy!
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment