My Obsession With Stars

     


    I won't sugar coat it. I have an obsession with stars. There are a few reasons why I love the heavenly lights as much as I do. They are the reasons I have so many things in my possession that a) have stars on them, b) remind me of stars, or c) is something I'm working on that have something to do with stars. In this post, I will talk a little bit about why I love stars so much as well as show you some of my favorite star themed possessions. 

    For as long as I can remember, I have had this crazy strong love for stars. I loved looking at pictures NASA would put out and even had a NASA uniform for a while (if it still fit, I would absolutely find ways to wear it in everyday life). It wasn't until I was about fifteen though that it became more and more evident. Now, I am rarely ever seen without some stars. Now, I get out of the car, look up and the night sky, and shout some incoherent words about how beautiful the stars are (my brothers probably think I am speaking some language other than English). 

    When reading my Bible one night, the significance of Genesis 1:16 had grown exponentially to me. 

"And God made two great lights; the greater to rule the day, and the lesser to rule the night: He made the stars also."

     Read that little last part again... "He made the stars also." It is worded almost as though it were an afterthought. As if the writer was saying "oh, those lights in the sky, trillions of miles away? Yeah, he made those too. No big deal." Then there is Isaiah 40:26.

   "Look up into the heavens. Who created all the stars? He brings them out like an army, one after another, calling each by its name. Because of His great power and incomparable strength, not a single one is missing."

    As well as Psalm 147:4

"He determines the number of the stars; He calls them each by name."

      The God that created the multitude of stars knows each one by name. He sustains them that not one goes missing. These scriptures are some of the greatest reminders of His love for me. Each star centric necklace, celestial piece of clothing, or little star studded piercing makes me think of the amazing Creator. 

      Now if you know me personally, you have likely seen me wearing at least some form of star. Those of you who don't know me in real life may not know the extent of my astronomically proportioned obsession of the stars. Here is a glimpse into it!

zipper pouch with one of my favorite kids books

my new zipper pouch

my favorite necklace set

not really stars, but I think these fall under the "heavenly bodies" category 

my favorite body spray







 


this is my favorite lounge set ever

an impulse buy... A journal!

    -fin

    There you are! I have thoroughly exposed myself in the area of star obsession. 😂  I'll be honest, there is still more I could have shown you. Maybe I'll showcase some of those on my Instagram. Maybe a Reel? Of course there are some paintings I have done too that I didn't show in this post either. Knowing me, there will absolutely be more added to my collection. 

Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! You can also follow SBF on Pinterest for some inspo, see what I'm interested in, and repin blog posts! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!


Until Next Time,
KS

-do you have an astronomically sized obsession? What is it?

Comments