Packing Update

  


  Just fyi, I will be going on hiatus for a bit starting today. More info can be found at the end of the post. Thanks, KS 💛

    Back in April, I published a post called Packing Tips. Now, I have to actually pack my bags for TWO back to back trips. I've got my packing lists, the bags, the glitter (yes, glitter), and of course some semblance of sanity. This post comes out on May 29th,  but I actually started writing it a whole month ago so that I could be less stressed while packing, preparing, and losing my mind. 🤣 Basically, I made the skeleton and then fleshed it out as my bags were getting packed. Over all, this post will be in progress from the "shopping for supplies" to the "bags are pretty much ready to go" stages. So from April 30th all the way until I post it a few days before I  hit the road. I'll be placing dates to show you how long this actually took me. 🤣

-consult the packing list

-April 30th

    As you may have seen in my original packing post, I like to have a packing list done as early as possible. This helps so much. I finished it in early April because I was bored, and now I finally get to use it.

    Really the first thing I'm gonna use the lists for is seeing if I need to get anything from the store. So I'm gonna use my packing list to create a shopping list. First glance, I need to go buy-
  • hair gel
  • glitter 
  • gum
  • laundry soap pods
  • a new phone charger
  • batteries
  • costume things (really need to get that done 😅)   
  • food for the weekends 
    Once I get that shopping list done, I try to get that stuff as soon as I can. That doesn't always happen, but one thing I ABSOLUTELY need to get done is finish up my costume for camp. 😅 At the moment, I only have the top for it. Of course the food is more of a "day or two before I leave" type of thing. 

-find the bags 

    Since I have two back to back trips, I'll be packing two suitcases. A smaller one for the four day trip and then a much bigger one for my three week trip. Thankfully, my family will actually be able to take the smaller one home with them after I leave and I will have access to a laundromat over the weekends of the longer trip (I only really need to pack about a week worth of things). 

    I'm normally a small duffle bag kind of person when I'm packing, but with my multiple costumes and supplies for the awesome themed days for  my longer trip, a big suitcase is gonna be my option.

 

-lay out clothes

-May 25th

    This is normally a pretty hard one for me. Choosing outfits to pack is just not something I'm super great at. 🤣 Especially for a more upscale/professional event. At the moment, I have a couple dresses in mind but still need two more outfits. I might wear slacks one day, but I might not. Who knows? Maybe I'll just pack a backup outfit in case I don't want to wear something or something spills. Always be prepared. 

    Packing clothes for a camping trip is so much easier. Just pack some t-shirts, a jacket or two, a pair of pants, some leggings, a pair of shoes,  and of course some shorts. It's generally just my normal everyday wardrobe that ends up getting packed. Along with the gym shoes I hardly ever wear. I also have my costume done! Pretty much all I need to do is make my glitter gel and pack it all in the suitcase I can easily fit in. 🤣

-manage to somehow get everything into the bags

-May 29th
    Unfortunately, I am nowhere NEAR being done packing. Due to some laundry mishaps, I didn't have many clean clothes to pack. Now, I have piles of clean laundry and family on the way to my house for a celebration. 🤣 However, I DO have a suitcase that is almost done that I just need to "tetris." So I'll show off a picture of that nice little bag. It will all fit in there soon. 😉


    Once I get all the clothes and things in my bag, I'll pack my day bag, and then hopefully be all done packing by (I hope) Tuesday. Little last minute since I leave this coming Wednesday. 🤣 But hey, I am pretty much done and I normally don't even start packing until a day or two before haha.

-fin

    Well, time to talk about my hiatus! So, due to me being SUPER busy in the month of June with a conference and three weeks of camp, I will not be able to write much at all. As you are reading this, I am likely packing, creating glitter gel, and perhaps slowly losing my mind. 🤣 I will be starting my hiatus TODAY and hope to be back June 30th. Until then, I'll be busy getting all done with packing, loading up the car, and heading off to new adventures. I am hoping to be more active on Instagram to make up for the lack of posts, but since I don't really take pictures and tend to live in the moment, it will likely be things on my stories. So to recap, I am going on a hiatus that starts May 29th and ends (hopefully) on June 30th. 

    Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site on July 4th (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post on June 30th on She Be Fierce 2! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram (and maybe even see more updates on my Stories). I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until Next Time,

KS

-what is something you think I will completely forget to pack?

-what is something YOU always pack?

Comments