Easy Easter Egg Decorations

   


     Friends, Strangers, and Enemies, I have returned! The well needed break was filled with baths, ice cream, crafting, and so many other things I enjoy. I will now be back a posting consistently every four days (alternating this blog and SBF2). Thanks so much for your patience! 

     I'll be honest. I really do not like using Easter eggs as a decoration. The pink, yellow, and green plastic eggs seem so tacky and I don't really like them. Now that we have a nice new house though, we really needed to get some new Spring themed decorations. Pinterest flaunts some really cute and honestly pricy decorating ideas. My mom came across a few really cute Pins that I actually thought was cute! I looked at the picture, she went to the store, and I got to work. All I needed was some Mod Podge, an old book (I used a dictionary), plastic Easter Eggs, stamps, ink, and paint.

    First off, I grabbed the old dictionary, tore pages out of it (much to my Insta followers dismay), and ripped it into pieces. and began sticking it to the eggs using Mod Podge. If you try this, please remember to use the least amount of glue as possible. Otherwise it takes way longer to dry, dries weird, or gets weirdly crunchy/crystalline. 


    After covering the egg in paper pieces, I find a piece of paper with a blank spot to stamp or draw a design on. To get it to lay smoother on the egg, I cut it out fairly close to the design. At this point, I loved the way it looked but I really wanted to add some color to it. To really make it more Springy. 


    After painting, all I have to do is wait for it to dry and it's done! I stuck them in a nice little thrifted basket, and now we have a nice little decoration that was worth every second of work (which really wasn't long)! Here is the finished result! It's nice and springy, bright and cheerful. I loved how easy it and relaxing it was to do.



-fin

    This little project was such a welcome one. Helping get us settled it, making something beautiful, and saving money made me so happy. The only worry that I have with these, is that the puppy might get her maw on one. But that could be said about anything in our house. 😂 It was nice to create something new. 

    Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until next time,

KS

-what was the last thing you created?

-what are your favorite ways to decorate your home this time of year?



Comments