Things I Try to NEVER Leave Home Without


    A while back there was a trend called "what's in my bag." I thought many times that I might do it, but I tend to have multiple bags that I rotate depending on what I need. My messenger bag has a ton of my art supplies that I grab when I feel like drawing on the go. I have the bag that I grab when I just want to grab the bare minimum. Then of course I have a backpack that I take when I am going to be out all say and want to have a bunch of things. Since I didn't want to unpack multiple bags,  I decided to do a "things I don't leave home without." Obviously, there are some things a girl can never leave the house without. Keys, phone, wallet, etc. But those items won't be appearing on this list. The things on my list either have a practical purpose or a sentimental value to me. 

    The first item is my tactical pen. My mom had me take a tactical pen self-defense class a few months before my trip to Sarasota, FL. Since I lived in the city of Chicago, it brought some peace of mind to keep it handy. I still carry it around along with my pepper spray. The spray is a newer addition to my "collection." I believe it is always better to be prepared and more safe than sorry. If you plan to get either, please be sure to actually know how to use it. 

    Hair Ties! I have had pretty long hair and it has always in my way. So I always like to keep one on my wrist or in my bag. Along with a hair tie, I like to have a bracelet that one of my JAF families gave me, on my wrist. It is EASILY one of my favorite possessions. 


    Lipstick. This one is kind of weird, but I get a nice confidence boost after putting some on. Plus it's just fun to wear. I especially enjoy a good shade of dark red.


    A reusable water bottle or cup. If I don't drink enough water, I really start to feel it. I also need to drink more water since I only have one kidney.  Plus, I can refill vs. using a bunch of single use bottles (that's the conservationist in me talking). Always nice to have extra water on hand. 


    A mask or two. I got used to carrying a mask with me surprisingly quickly. Since I was and am still often in Chicago where masks are mandated, it is a super important. I got mine from a small business owner who is friends with my mom. I really like both of them. Along with masks, sanitizer is something I try to keep with me at all times to. Not because of the virus, but because you never know who decided to not wash their hands after using the rest room. I've been carrying sanitizer since way before the virus, so it was an easy one when the virus hit. 



    And that is about it! I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments! Thanks so much for reading!

  • What are some thing YOU don't leave home without?

Comments