Things I Would Like To Do This Fall


Things I Would Like To Do This Fall

    Crisp, cool air and crunchy leaves underfoot. Going apple picking and baking a pie. It will soon be time to make soups by the pot and listen to the rain fall on the roof. Fall is here and I couldn't be more excited! Recently, I got super excited thinking of all the things I want to do this fall. These are just some of the things I had listed for myself. I hope you enjoy reading this post and looking at the stock photos (since I have no good pictures of these things 😂). Here is a post in honor of the first day of fall! 

-Go Apple Picking

Not only is this a "classic fall activity," but it also happens to be one of my absolute favorite things to go and do. There's just something so perfect about going into the orchard looking for the most picturesque apple and actually finding it. The fun of picnicking once you're done harvesting. My family and I make many different things from the apples we pick. My Grandmother's famous apple pie, homemade applesauce, and more. 



-Build a Fire

Sitting next to a fire, drink in hand, and the smoke blowing in the wind. I rarely have a not so great time when I've had an evening near a fire. The only thing that can top sitting by a fire with a hot drink is having it with friends. If you ever get a chance to, play mafia, sing, or just talk to friends around a big fire.



-Relax Under A Blanket and Read

Most of the time, it can be hard for me to settle down and read just for fun. I am really hoping I'll be able to do that this upcoming season. 



-Make Jam and/or Jelly

If you didn't know, my mom and I would make all sorts of jams and jellies to sell. We would sell them every fall at craft fairs. I always loved the process of making it. Fall weather brings the perfect temperatures to start that process.



-Go Thrift Shopping

I know, you can do this all year. There is just something different and special about doing it in the fall. Maybe it's the searching for the perfect comfy cardigan or special sweater that will keep you warm the rest of the season. Or it could be me thinking about how much money I'll be saving to put toward Christmas presents. Who knows?



-Buy Some Fall Themed Candles

There isn't really much to say on this one. I'm pretty sure you know the joy of lighting a fresh candle. Besides, who doesn't want their house to be warmed by the scent of "Warm Apple Pie," "Pumpkin Clove," or "Fresh Fall Morning"?



-Do a Fall Photo shoot with a Friend

Photo shoots can be so much fun. I've done them barefoot in the snow in February, during the pouring rain in April, in the middle of the street in the middle of July, but somehow have never done one in the fall. Plus my friend and I could get some cute pictures in the beautiful fall colors. 



-Drink Hot Tea Under The Stars

I live in the middle of Chicago. Stars are rare here. I'm really hoping to get out to where I can stargaze and sip some hot tea. I can't really imagine anything else more relaxing at the moment. The last time I was able to sit and stare at the sky, it was July. Really looking forward to being able to do it again. 




-Carve a Jack-O-Lantern

Picking the perfect pumpkin, taking it home, and imposing your artistic vision. A truly remarkable way to express yourself. I will admit though, there are reasons I am not the one in charge of carving pumpkins every year. No, it is not because I am at risk of slicing my hand open or chopping off a finger, but because of my "artistic vision." I tend to carve a pumpkin with an inside joke behind it or something less cute and more weird. The last one I carved depicted Elmo on fire. 




-Take a Scenic Drive

Pack some snacks and the AUX cord! We're going on a drive! I really want to just drive through the forest with all the leaves turning red, orange, and yellow. I think I'd pick up some coffee on the way and stop for apple cider donuts somewhere too. 



-Make a Fall Wreath

I've been wanting to do this one for a while. Maybe it will actually get done this year. I just love having a wreath on the door, as it makes the entrance to your home warm and welcoming. There's a vague image in my mind and I can't wait to make that image something that will exist.  Maybe I'll just have to make a video of my process . 



-Do a Puzzle on a Rainy Day

Brew some coffee and pull out that 1000 piece puzzle you've been meaning to do. Maybe light a candle to give you a cozier atmosphere and get started! While doing it, you might get a decent Instagram picture too (if you're not like me and have too much fun to do so 😂). 



-fin

From what I can see in the future, I'll be lucky to get a few things on this list done.  Life has been insane and I don't really see it slowing down much until much later on. Who knows? Maybe I'll surprise myself. Thank you so much for reading!

Until next time,
KS

-what songs should go on my autumn playlist?
-what hot drinks do you enjoy in the coming season?
-tell me your favorite fall memory!

Comments