Homemade 3 Ingredient Body Scrub



    I started making body scrubs a long time ago. It started as me not having a ton of money for spa kits to give my cousins for Christmas. So on to Pinterest I went, searching for a good recipe. Eventually, I found six or seven different kinds I wanted to make. So I made them all and put them in gift baskets. These make great gifts but are also nice to have on hand for when you want to have a pamper sesh. 

    The one I'm telling you about is a super simple and easy three ingredient scrub. It doesn't take a lot of supplies, work time, or clean up. This is such an easy one, that this post is so short, that I thought about not even posting it! 😂

-the process



    First thing, make sure you have sugar, coconut oil, and some kind of essential oil. I don't really measure things out anymore, so I just eyeball it by texture. 



    Next, get a spoon, bowl, and a container that will fit however much scrub you end up making. I don't normally make a lot because I tend to use this as more of a special treat to pamper myself with. 


    Texture is really the only hard part of this whole process. I have found that the best texture comes from a two and a half to one ratio of sugar to oil. Of course temperature of the room will change it up a bit. Just try to aim for a snow like consistency. 


    After you get the texture right, you add your desired scent by way of essential oil. Don't add to much, but enough to make it smell the way you'd like. I normally put ten drops of an oil. This time, it was one of my favorite blends, Calming Sleep. It has lavender, wintergreen, frankincense, amyris, lemongrass, cedarwood, orange, and patchouli. Sounds like a lot, but it smells heavenly. Really great at the end of a long day. 


    Once it's all mixed together, stick it in a jar and you're ready to go! If you're gifting it, you can tie a ribbon around it to make it a bit cuter. Store it in a cool place so the coconut oil doesn't melt completely. 



-fin

    I told you it was easy, didn't I? Let me know if you try making it on your own by commenting on this post! You can also reach out to me on Instagram @shebefierce_blog! I would love to see if you tried it out!

    Thanks so much for reading!

    Until next time,
    KS

- what's your favorite brand of facial care?
- have you ever done a diy skin care?
 

Comments