Listen to His Voice


When I was at the last camp, I had a really meaningful conversation with one of the ladies there. A big theme while we were talking was saying yes to Jesus. Even if you're afraid. Your fear is just the enemy trying to keep you from better things. I learned more about her life, and I told her a bit about mine. I had been trying to make a big life decision and I hadn't told anyone details. I'm not quite ready to announce anything yet, but I probably will soon. 

About a year ago I had gone to my first JAF Family Retreat. It was a bit of a strange thing. A family friend was reaching out to people to become STMs. I had given a bunch of reasons why I couldn't have gone. "I'll have just got back in town a couple days before." "I don't have the funds." "I don't think that's for me." "I'm not supposed to go into missions. I'm going into marine biology." 

They were pretty ok reasons. If I was only here for me. Sure I would have just got back and had a day to rest and do laundry. I was totally broke. I really thought I wouldn't have liked it. I had returned from the High Flying Scholar trip a few weeks before and thought I was going into marine bio. She asked me if we could raise funding for me, if I would go. I was honestly afraid to say yes. But I did. A few hours later I was fully funded.


 I think today about where I would be right now if I had said no. If I had ignored His prompting. If I never went to Retreat. What kind of person would I be? I went and it changed my life for the better. I would probably be starting school soon in Alaska. Starting on the marine bio stuff. I would have been gone for six years. Nobody back home would have really seen me (except for maybe over Christmas) for six years.

Recently I was prompted to reach out to a JAF family I know. See if they wanted to go to the zoo for a day. I was on my way home from a retreat (I would be so exhausted) and it would have been super short notice (meaning they would probably say no). After talking it over with my mom, I texted them. Long story short, after a day of texting back and forth, a friend and I were at the zoo taking care of the kids while their parents took care of some appointments. I didn't know that they needed someone to watch the kids. I was just told to reach out to them and invite them to the zoo. I said yes.

I think now about how many opportunities I may have missed. About where I might be if I had said yes in the past. So please know, that if you are afraid to follow God's prompting, that it is just the enemy trying to keep you from it. He CAN use you! Let Him! If you hear his prompting, please listen. God might be changing your life for the better. He could be trying to show you what he has planned for you.

SAY YES TO JESUS


Comments

  1. Such a powerful post. Saying yes to Jesus is lots easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment