Drawing Digitally

I wish I had the funds to do all the mediums of art I want to but sadly, I do not. I was semi recently given an art tablet. So now I can use it to draw on the computer with ease. A friend of mine was no longer using his Wacom Intuos and asked me if I wanted it. Obviously I did. It took some time to get used to (I couldn't even draw a circle at first) drawing with it. 



I've done a lot of art pieces on the laptop since then, and I want to show you a couple! Most of the time I just mess around with settings and brushes, then I'll start to pull on a concept that I've had in my head for a while, or something from an old sketch. I've really been enjoying doing waterscapes lately.


As you can see, when I started, I didn't do clouds well at all. When I do pieces digitally, it's a lot easier. Not because I can just click undo, but I can use layers to place linework over coloring. I really enjoy using the layering when drawing clouds, rain, and light sources.





One of the best things about drawing digitally (for me that is), is that I can do it wherever as long as I have the laptop and drawing tablet. I don't have to bring out all my art supplies, make space to do it, etc. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't be doing physical art anymore. I actually have a few concepts I've been working on for a while. One of which is a spray paint piece. So once I get all the components, time, and perfect weather, expect to see some spray paint art!

Should I share more art? What kind of art do you want to see? Let me know in the comments! Subscribe using the new button at the top of my page to see more from me!

Comments