Project Gratitude

    Ok, yeah I know. I keep on disappearing. Things got a little busy (pear harvests, some family crisis, and more) over here, so I had to pick whether or not I'd blog too and end up burned out. Evidently, I chose to take another break. I will not be promising more consistent content, but I am going to say that I'll be trying to actually post here and there in between my scheduled activities. Thanks for hanging with me! 

     I have often said that "gratitude is the foundation of joy." Maybe not on here, but absolutely to my friends and family. When things get hard and we are finding that joy seems to get more and more rare, gratitude can seem even more rare. There actually is so much to be grateful for that it is hard to be miserable. Choosing to be thankful for little things is a great start. Like how the sun is shining in your window or the way the creamer swirls in your coffee. 

    As a Christian, I place a great value on gratitude. In Colossians 3, gratitude and thankfulness are mentioned a few times. We are to have gratitude in our hearts and give thanks to the father. In 1 Thessalonians, we are instructed to give thanks in all circumstances. In 1 Chronicles, we are told to give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. Be thankful no matter the circumstances. A few years ago, my life was by no means smooth. In fact, I was going through some of the hardest moments I have ever experienced. I truly believe that one of the reasons I still had joy was because I was making conscious decisions to choose joy and held gratitude in my heart. Even when it felt like my whole world could shatter at any moment.  

    November is often associated with thankfulness and gratitude. Especially in America. So in the month of November (and maybe even in months following) I want to document my gratitude. This could be called an experiment in gratitude or a long term art project. 

    Project Gratitude. A way to make an everyday effort to express gratitude. Writing down one thing every single day that you are thankful for. It can be on paper, a whiteboard, a chalkboard, in your notes app, or just about anywhere. I have a personal list set aside and I have also set up a Project Gratitude board up for my family to participate in. Both are very simple. Just a piece of paper decorated with watercolor and a chalkboard. Both will be filled in with things I (and my family) am grateful for. 


 -fin

       I had decided on doing this about a month ago, but only just got around to being able to write up this post and take pictures of my own personal Project Gratitude page. If you'd like to come along on this journey of gratitude with me, I'd love to see your pages. Post them to an Instagram story and tag me (@SheBeFierce_Blog)! 

    Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! You can also follow SBF on Pinterest for some inspo, see what I'm interested in, and repin blog posts! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until Next Time,
KS

- what is something small that you are grateful for?

Comments