The Perfect October Night In

 


    I believe that fall and winter are the perfect seasons for a night in. The nice chill outside makes the indoors seem nice and cozy. Days are slowly drawing shorter and shorter as the amount of daylight dwindles. That means it is time to break out the blankets, hot chocolate and/or tea, and relax. It is time for a night in. To relax, rejuvenate, and rest. Now, these are just things I think I will do for my perfect night in. This isn't a perfect formula for THE perfect night in. Like, I love my fall playlist and my music from the 1940s, but you might not. Tailor this list/agenda (whatever you want to call it) to whatever works best for you and makes you the happiest. 

The Night In

 A woodsy scented candle, piles of blankets, and a bowl of popcorn. A bubble bath, relaxing music, and beautifully scented lotion. Snacks, a movie, and laughter. These are things that my nights tend to contain. It's a time for me to relax and take a step back from projects I have been trying to finish and other things I may be working on. 

    There are a few things that I thing would make the perfect night in specifically in October. Sometimes, all you need to start it off is the right playlist. Maybe you are the kind of person who listens to music from the 1940s to relax (like me!). Or maybe you like Lo Fi. I can't tell you what to play. I do have a playlist specifically made for fall if you would like to check it out though! Click this link to find my Fall Feels Playlist.

    Next up, snacks. In my opinion, what you are snacking on can make or break your night in (or out for that matter). You have a few different routes you can take. Go all out and make yourself a fancy little appetizer, you can pull a me and grab something from the store you rarely ever get. In my case, that is whatever nostalgic impulse snack, or eat whatever you have been craving. I think that if I have my "Perfect October Night In" though, those really cute fall themed Pillsbury cookies will be involved. Included in the picture of my night in, hot drinks, warm fresh bread, and maybe some cheese. 


    Of course, there is also the question of "what do I want to do on my night in?" Do I want to have a little bit of a spa night or do I just want to sprawl on the couch with a TV show or movie? Recently, I have been making a dive into Marvel movies again, so some Captain America or Black Widow movie night. Popcorn is an absolute must. If I am not feeling sitting and watching a movie though, I'll probably light a candle, get a bubble bath going, do my nails, and maybe even do a face mask. 

    If I'm wanting more activity for my night in, I might pull out some craft supplies and create something. Maybe cardmaking, plush animal creation, or jewelry making. I'm not sure why I find making things so therapeutic and relaxing, but once I get some crafting momentum I might be at it for a few hours at a time. 

    Well, if you're having a night in, you do not necessarily have to do it all on your own! Have a close friend over to join in on the fun. Make special memories as you spend some quality time together. There is nothing quite like being able to have a night in with a friend. Sometimes, it ends up being even better than a night out. Maybe play a couple board or card games!

-fin

    These are just a few things that would make my night in perfect. By the end of the night, I'd be tired and happy, feeling refreshed by the night distracting me from whatever stresses there may be. Having the little bit of time set aside for relaxing is so important for me. For you too! Try and take a little bit of a night in this month! Treat yourself and tag me on Instagram (@shebefierce_blog) to show me how you are doing it too!

 Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! You can also follow SBF on Pinterest for some inspo, see what I'm interested in, and repin blog posts! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until Next Time,
KS

-what would make your night in perfect?
-which would you rather have? A spa night or a game night?


Comments