What I Did For Valentine's Day (Super Single Edition)

    


     Alright, I am fairly sure that none of you really wanted this, but here's a post on how your single girl over here spent her Valentine's Day weekend! I don't normally do anything for Valentine's Day, but this year was actually different. It is usually spent like a normal day. No makeup, maybe brushed hair, and shorts and a tank top. Nothing special. No dates, no special dinners, or even movie night. Maybe, just maybe, I would get a special heart shaped treat from somewhere and make some cards for other ladies. I actually got some little fun things into my schedule with friends and I loved it.

    First of all, I made cards for the young ladies at my church. This year I really thought that I would not be able to do it. Almost all my crafting supplies were back in Chicago, but I was able to get most of it here in Indiana a couple of weeks ago. So I was able to get crafting again as some of you saw through my Instagram and got to flip that creative switch in my brain. I got a little distracted by my sewing machine, but eventually got to making my lil cards. I just cut little squares of paper, some hearts of glitter, and stamping some designs on the back. I like to make sure that every single card is unique. So I take different Unfortunately, I won't be giving you a sneak peak because I have not yet given them (it is way to cold to leave my house so they will be gifted next week). 

    This year, I actually went out for a fun Galentine's outing with some of my favorite ladies. It was a ton of fun. We were hosted by the amazingly wonderful Ainsley Beth. A little while later, we went out to pick up some coffee (though not all of us got coffee... I'm looking at you and your sis, Jenna... 😜 Love ya). I sat in the back of the van dodging selfies with a sweet friend (we succeeded) on our way there and we (ok, it was me) yelled at the "mom and dad" of our group about whether or not we were there yet. Good times. 

    Once most of us had our caffeine fixes we made our way to the Goodwill to begin a quick little game. You pick a person and a color, and dress them in that color. We all picked our models and colors and ran around the store creating outfits. I went for a pretty classic New York look for my model and she pulled it off flawlessly. Jenna dressed me up in champagne and it was a good outfit to say "what a shame she's stuck in her head." I have to say though, the best dressed was easily DW in pink. Oh my goodness was she stunning. I'm fairly sure that she and her stylist would have won first place if we had made it an actual contest. It was a wonderful little Galentine's date. Three of us had to cut it short for ourselves because we had some plans that we couldn't change...

    After the amazing Galentine's date, I rode back with Jenna and her sis to her place where we hung out a bit, I watched while brownies were being finished, and played with a lil baby. 😊 Then, we rode an hour and a bit back to my place for dinner, games, and fun. Mafia, Throw Throw Burrito, Telestrations, an a couple others. Hot chocolate was had, laughs were had, and I may or may not have serenaded a couple of ladies with a love song. 

-fin

    This year's Valentine's day was nice and different compared to what I do normally, and it was great. I had a ton of fun. If you want to check out some awesome bloggers, check out JennaDW, and Ainsley! I had a great time with all of you and the rest of the group. Love you ladies!

    Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until next time,

KS

-did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day?

Comments