In the Spotlight: "Live Fearless" by Sadie Robertson




    Welcome to the first post of the "In The Spotlight" series! I've been wanting to work on this for a while and finally have a chance now! This series will be a bunch of reviews. It'll be a place to put my thoughts on a specific product into words. I'm still working out the format for this series, but here are things I'll most likely discuss in each one.
  • The Creator
  • The Item
  • My Favorite Thing About It
  • My Favorite Line (if applicable)
  • Whether Or Not I Recommend It
    I have a few things lined up to put "in the spotlight" right now, but I'll need some suggestions! I would love to get some of those suggestions from YOU! If there is anything you would like me to put "in the spotlight," tell me in the comments! 

+The Creator
    Sadie Robertson (now Robertson-Huff), has been in the spotlight for a while now. From reality tv star and later Dancing With The Stars contestant, to author and public speaker, Sadie has inspired many. In 2017, I had the opportunity to see her speak at Winter Jam, where she really caught my attention with her passionate words. Her passion is, "to speak, to write, to encourage," she says. I have found myself extremely encouraged by her. I believe she will be one of the most prominent voices of Christianity in my generation. She is real, bright, and a true servant. if you want to read more about her, click here. 

+The Item
    In Live Fearless, Sadie shares how she struggled with fear and anxiety- just like many of us. She takes us on a wonderful journey that led her to where she is now. Fearless. Through reading this book, the reader may discover that they can "live fearless" too. Not only did she write her experiences and how she got through them, she backs up her words with scripture.  Each chapter holds five prompts for the reader to take action on. "Here's a Question," "Here's a Challenge," "Here's Some Encouragement," "Here's How You Can Pray," and "Take Note." These really help cement what was just read. At the end of every chapter, she revisits specific points in the "So-o-o..." section which is followed by the "Work The Word" section where she shares a Bible verse and has you really think about what you read. Digest it if you will. I have found that this book in Sadie's own words, "can revolutionize your life."

+My Favorite Thing About It
    I can easily say that my favorite part about this book, is that Sadie keeps it so real. She does not beat around the bush.  She is to the point and so encouraging. It quickly begins to feel like she is a friend and mentor. This book is an "easy read" in the sense of wording, while not dumbing down the message at all. Sadie just words everything so perfectly.

+My Favorite Line
    It is SO hard for me to pick a favorite line from this book. I underlined and flagged so many parts in it. If I had to pick one though, it might be this one. 



+Whether or Not I recommend it.
    I definitely recommend this. I happened to read this book at the exact moment I needed to. Whether you deal with fear and anxiety (in ANY form) or not, I think this is a must read. Get this book into your hands as soon as you can! It may help you live life with confidence, passion, and purpose. I know it helped me immensely. 

    Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate it! If  you'd like to see more of my strange content, follow or subscribe to my blog! 

Until next time,
Katherine Simeon

Comments