9 of My Favorite Fall Activities


Summer is now over. It is now Fall. The season filled with changing colors, pumpkin spice lattes, leggings, cardigans, baking, etc. For me, the season brings a more relaxed schedule. During the summer, I am out and about, constantly out of the house. I don't normally have an awful lot of definite plans and I'm SO glad that I don't. But I know I DO tend to get a little stir crazy when I haven't been out of the house in a while. So here is a list of 9 things I like to do during this time of year!

Go apple picking
I LOVE apple picking. There's just something about going into the orchard and picking apples. Maybe it's the thinking about what I'm going to do with the apples, or maybe it's eating the fruit directly from the tree. 

Bake an apple pie
It may be a bit cliché, but who doesn't enjoy smelling an apple pie in the oven? With the lower temperatures, it is the perfect weather to throw open some windows and just bake! I definitely have a bunch of memories related to apple pie too. It was my grandmother's specialty. She always made sure we bought the right variety of apples. Jonathan apples are the superior baking apples by the way. They are not the best for just eating, but they are perfect to make an apple pie with. They don't get too mushy.


Drink hot cider
There's nothing like a mug of hot apple cider. Especially when you're sitting on the porch with a good book. There's really nothing like it. Adding some spices too is super nice. 

Walk out in the woods
When was the last time you went for a hike? I really enjoy hiking. I was able to do a small hike by myself during my last camping trip. It was so relaxing. Hikes in the fall are my favorite kind. Hearing the crunching of dry leaves under foot is so wonderful. The crisp, cool air is refreshing too! Plus, if you're into that kind of thing, you can turn it into a kind of photo shoot with friends (not normally something I do but if you guys want me to do one, comment below!).

Knit or crochet
I know that this might make me sound old fashioned, but it is so relaxing! I'm not to big on wearing scarves, but they make pretty good gifts! I just finished one yesterday, and I'm super happy with it.

Volunteer at the food bank
I always enjoy doing something that helps others. One of my favorites is going to one of the Feeding America warehouses. A lot of the food that the food bank receives needs to be inspected, sorted, and packed before it can get to people in need. Volunteers help out for a couple hours to do that! I've gone multiple times with friends and family. I really need to see if I can organize another trip. Contact me if you want to do one with me! I highly reccomend volunteering! It's fun, helps people in need, and they always need people to help You should definitely check it out! Feeding America- Food Sorting & Packing

Eat Outside
It's not too hot, not too cold, so why not? Mosquitos aren't out as much either! Food eaten out in the freah air seems to taste better too!

Go to the zoo
I know that I go to the zoo a LOT. But its always nice to go. The weather is crisp and cool and just perfect for a zoo day! Take some friends! I know I'll probably be going a few times this season. Plus it's almost time for Boo at the Zoo, so I'll have a bunch of kids to take for some free candy and dressing up in costumes! My Carmen San Diego costume might get a couple more uses this year.

Build a fire
Since I live in the city, this one is a bit harder for me to get to. But whenever I can, I like to set a few logs on fire. The smoky air, an occasional smore, and a hot drink perfect the night. Once I get all set up, maybe I'll take some pictures and show you my set up.

And that's it! Please Subscribe and/or follow the blog! Thanks for reading!

Comments