Butterfly

I wrote a poem as a tribute to my grandmother last year. It was three years ago this week that she passed away. So in memory of her, I am going to show you the poem that sixteen year old me wrote. Sorry I haven't written in a while. Life's been crazy. I'm gonna write quite a bit in the near future. Enjoy.

Butterflies were your favorite thing.
When I see them I can hear your voice ring.
Today I saw a butterfly.
Today I nearly broke down to cry.
Because two years ago today you died.
I got through today because I tried.
You left before I turned fifteen,
And in two days I turn seventeen.
Two years ago, you had to leave, to be with he in who I believe.
I wish I could tell you about my trip.
I wish you could give me one last baking tip.
I'll have you in my heart forever more.
I miss you Grandma, Andrea Schille Ward.

Comments