Some of My Recent Purchases | Summer Prep + Mother's Day

 


       I rarely ever have a reason to go out of my way and buy something. There's not really any reasons to buy new shoes (I have been barefoot most of my life), new clothes (I am more than happy wearing the same three outfits on rotation), or anything else for the most part. There is rarely ever a moment in which my contentment wavers. Except for the three seconds my dream vintage car is in view of course. 

    Over the past couple of weeks, I've actually had reasons to buy things. I needed dress shoes for a conference, "needed" a t-shirt I saw at the store, and had to buy some supplies to make my costume for my upcoming Joni & Friends camps. Because I am so excited about many of my recent buys, I thought that I'd share them with you!

    Joni & Friends

    In case you didn't know, Joni & Friends welcomes all the families that attend their camps in style. That means with all the cheering and waving and costumes. At the time of writing this post, I haven't started making my costume yet but (I believe) have everything I need to start. 


    Since I haven't done much swimming in the past few years, I really haven't needed a new swimsuit in a while. This year, I bought one. It is of course the signature KS black. Believe it or not, this is actually my very first black swimsuit in my two decades of life. 


    Clothes

    Every year, I work a conference that has me needing to wear something more professional. That means that bare feet are a no go unless I'm behind my desk. So dress shoes are the way to go. I only owned a single pair of black heels before, so it was time to change things up a little bit. 


    This one was absolutely a purchase made because of poor impulse control. I regret nothing. It's a comfy t-shirt, has a great color scheme, and it's the Grand Canyon. Why not? My only question is, why on earth is a Grand Canyon shirt in a store all the way in Indiana?


    I am almost always barefoot. Even in winter. Unless I'm going outside and need shoes and socks, I won't put anything on my feet. I just don't like wearing socks or shoes.  However, I will make an exception when it comes to socks. They have to be what I call, "stupid cute." Like these ones I just bought. They are fun, I love them, there are cows and hedgehogs. 

    Gifts 

        Mother's Day was this past Sunday. If you forgot to get your mother a card or even wish her a "happy Mother's Day," I am so sorry. Call her. Something. It's not too late. I firmly believe that my siblings would have no idea when Mother's day was approaching if they didn't have me. Every year, I head up the card and the gift. This year's gift was from GraceLaced. Mom had told me that she wanted this set of art prints months ago. If you're interested, you can find them here


    Extras

    I'm usually pretty good about NOT impulse buying. But as shown with the random t-shirt, my spectacular self control can lapse. Just like with my next few purchases. 

    While online, I found this amazing artist. @artbykeikocarter. Her style is absolutely breathtaking and the whole nature centric themes are so cool. I bought three stickers from her online shop and you can find it here if you want to check it out! I put mine on my laptop, but I might just have to order more for a water bottle. 


    When I went to buy some canvases recently, these bracelet charms caught my eye. I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing with them exactly, but I've got a few things in mind. 


-fin

    Those are some of my recent purchases! I think that my current favorite may have to be the Grand Canyon t-shirt though... I'm actually wearing it while I'm typing this up. Each of the things I've bought for a reason make me so happy. Why? Because I'm preparing for summer. That means summer is on its way. 

  Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! You can also follow SBF on Pinterest for some inspo, see what I'm interested in, and repin blog posts! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until Next Time,
KS

-tell me what your recent impulse buy is!

Comments