Simple Things I've Enjoyed This Fall

 


    So I've been gone a whole month. Life got a bit stressful and intense which made me need a nice long break before creating again. I was able to relax a bit, do some creative things just for me, and watch some different things on Disney + (something I don't really do much). Now, I'm back and feeling so much better. With the holidays coming up too, I should have some pretty fun content coming out!

    Though Fall may not be my absolute favorite season, I always find that there are little things that elevate it near where my love for the Summer months sits. I didn't do anything big or crazy, but there were definitely some little things that felt so special to me. These are all some pretty tiny things in comparison to other things that I've done in my life. I tend to view these "little things" as something to be cherished. No matter how insignificant they may seem. Life is mostly made up of these little things. So I like to take these little things and treasure them. So let's just get into it! 

Sitting in a Starbucks on a rainy day



    A few weeks ago, I had to wait for a little while in a Starbucks. It was so nice and cozy inside with the smell of coffee and the soft music playing over the speakers. Though it was wet and rather unpleasant outside, I was quite comfortable with my cup of hot Apple Crisp Macchiato. A cup of hot coffee, a wool jacket, and red lipstick in a coffee shop. Why not?

Planted flower bulbs in my garden



    Even though spring is still a long way off, there are actually things to do now to prepare for it. I did that by spending time with dirt covered hands in a garden bed. One of my favorite things. Awaiting the warmth of spring from under the surface are bulbs to grow tulips, crocus, anemone, and more. It will likely be the last time I get to garden until next spring, so I really love this one. 

Sunday Morning Drives



    I've got about a two hour drive to get to church every Sunday. Some of the drive is on some country roads. I was able to see some beautiful colors in the trees, listen to some amazing music, and just have a great time on the road. 

Gave away Halloween candy in costume



    Upon finally getting home that Sunday night, I donned a costume that I love. I called it my "Agent Carter background character" costume. 😂 The whole time, I had '40s music playing while wearing a vintage style dress and actual vintage jewelry. It was so much fun. 

Baked Apple Pie



The best part of this season is always when I either pick a specific variety of apples, or buy that specific variety of apples. Because that means it's time to pull out an old family recipe. Our house always smells amazing and the whole thing makes me so happy. Cutting apples, mixing them with spices, and baking a pie. So simple, but something I enjoy so much. 


  -fin

   I've done some pretty wonderful things this season and it still isn't over. There will be plenty of things I do before it's over and I am actually pretty excited for a couple of them. I'm so glad to be back at blogging and can't wait to share what I have in store for you. Plus, with December drawing ever nearer, I'll have some fun content to release. 

     Thank you SO much for reading. It means so much to me that you do! Keep an eye out for a post on this site eight days from now (a super easy way to be notified is to follow or subscribe 😉), or for a post four days from now on She Be Fierce 2! You can also follow SBF on Pinterest for some inspo, see what I'm interested in, and repin blog posts! If you want to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on  Instagram. I am trying to post more consistently on my Instagram, and am actually ok with posting to my stories. So go check it out!

Until Next Time,
KS

- what are some things you have done this season?

Comments