My Top 15 Songs Right Now


If I said, "I like music," I'd be lying to you. I absolutely love music. I almost always have music playing from my phone, the laptop, my Echo, or my tablet. If I don't have it playing somewhere, I'm singing or humming something. Those of you who know me are probably thinking, "WAIT a second. I don't think that I've ever heard you sing!" That's mostly because I have a terrible voice and don't want people to hear me. My room is the place I sing. My room and camp. That's it.

 I have a diverse music taste that varies from day to day. I listen to pop, Broadway, rap, classical, CCM, indie, and so much more. I want to give all of you a peek into my top songs at the moment. I put together a Spotify playlist so you could listen along if you want to. You can find it here.

Here's the way this is going to work. I'll put the song title, artist, and album, then my favorite lyric from the song. Are you ready? Well, if you're not, too bad. It's already begun!

#1
"You Will Be Found" - Original Cast of Dear Evan Hansen- Dear Evan Hansen (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
"Even when the dark comes crashing through
When you need a friend to carry you
When you're broken on the ground
You will be found"

#2
"A Little Too Much" -  Shawn Mendes - Handwritten
"Sometimes, it all gets a little too much
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up"


#3
"Details" - Sarah Reeves - Easy Never Needed You
"In every high, low, and in between
You are my one and only consistency"

#4
"Take On The World" - You Me At Six - Night People
"No I won't, I won't pretend to know what you've been through
You should've known, I wish it was me, not you"

#5
 "Burn The Ships" - for King & country - Burn The Ships
"So long to shame, walk through the sorrow
Out of the fire into tomorrow"

#6
"The Search" - NF- The Search
"See, we've all got somethin' that we trapped inside
That we try to suffocate, you know,  hopin' it dies"


#7
"Live Like This" -  Tuck Everlasting Original Broadway Cast - Tuck Everlasting (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
"Off the train in New Hampshire
And it's back in an instant
The feeling that I'm somewhere I don't belong"

#8
"Santa Fe" - Jeremy Jordan - Newsies (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
"Just be real is all I'm asking
Not some painting in my head
Cause I'm dead if I cant count on you
I got nothing if I ain't got Santa Fe"

#9
"How It Goes" - Oh Wonder - No One Else Can Wear Your Crown
"Maybe one day I'll be invincible
Won't let my demons drag me down"

#10
"Disappear" - Original Broadway Cast of Dear Evan Hansen - Dear Evan Hansen (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
"No one should flicker out or have any doubt
That it matters that they are here"

#11
"The Archer" - Taylor Swift - Lover
"Easy they come, easy they go
I jump from the train, I ride off alone"

#12
"Watch What Happens" - Kara Lindsay - Newsies (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
"Thousands of children, exploited, invisible
Speak up, take a stand, and there's someone to write about it
That's how things get better"

#13
"Why God" - Austin French - Wide Open
"It's why God I cling to Your love
And I hold on for dear life
And I find You are right by my side"

#14
"Top of the World" - Tuck Everlasting Original Broadway Cast -  Tuck Everlasting (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
"I hear my voice resounding
I'm alive
And I am free
So look at me"

#15
"The World Will Know" - Newsies Original Broadway Cast - Newsies (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
"Everyday we wait
Is a day we lose
And this ain't for fun
And it ain't for show
And we'll fight 'em toe to toe to toe and
Joe
Your world will feel the fire and finally
(finally) know!"

There you have it! My top 15 songs right now! You might say, that's quite a bit of Broadway. It really is. It's been a whole thing. So if you see me sometime soon irl, you might hear some of my musical ability. I make no promises that you will though. 

Thank You so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post!
  • Did you have a favorite song or two from my list? What was it?
  • If you had a "Top 5" what songs would be up there?
  • Are there any "Top #" lists you want?
  • What genres of music do you enjoy?

Comments

  1. Great post! From your list I love The Archer (obviously:) and Santa Fe, those two are just so relatable and hard hitting.
    My current top 5 favorite songs right now are Clean by Taylor Swift, Just Be Held by Casting Crowns, In the Palm of Your Hand by Allison Krauss, Innocent by Taylor Swift, and Rare by Selena Gomez😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like The Archer! Haha. Just Be Held is SUCH a powerful song!

      Delete

Post a Comment